[pianotech] Fw: Zapper

Norm Barrett barr8345 at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 29 20:48:33 PDT 2009

I would not call this a "zapper" because a zapper that this thread has
been talking about sends an electric current thru the center pin to heat
it and thus size the bushing felt. Your device looks to me to much safer
to use and would accomplish the same result. The "traditional" zapper
can easily char the birdseye if left on too long and I think that would
be difficult with your device. It also solves the problem of probes to
contact just the center pin.
Norm Barrett