[pianotech] Build a Zapper

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 04:27:00 PDT 2009

Rather than a simple transformer a “Constant Current Source” (
http://www.ietlabs.com/IET/VI-700.html ) would be better. The device
puts out whatever voltage is required (up to a point) so that the
amount of current (which is what produces the heat, not the voltage)
is constant regardless of the resistance between the probes and the
pins. Then the amount of heat that is applied can be regulated by how
long the circuit has been made rather than how much smoke is produced.
I haven’t looked, but I am sure these come up on E-Bay, or a circuit
with an adjustable timer could be constructed without too much
trouble. A Ham radio buff could probably do it easily.

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.