[pianotech] Ethics and efficacy of part-time tuning

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 30 06:43:06 PDT 2009

I have always been a part-time tuner, and I have done more concert work
than I could ever imagined. It comes to me. I don't solicit such. I have
simply worked diligently and honestly. I did three concert venues in two
days last week. Jim Geiger, who taught me used to say, "There are tuners
with 30 years' experience, and tuners with one year's experience,
repeated 30 times." One's philosophy makes a huge difference.  After
all, it's "only another piano" if one has learned his skills.

lb