[pianotech] Atelier CD? -- was idol voicing

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:15:57 PDT 2009

On 3/30/09, Porritt, David <dporritt at mail.smu.edu> wrote:
> John:
>
> Putting on my hat as an evangelist for hearing conservation.  I hope you are
> keeping the volume at reasonable levels.  The in-ear phones can have
> tremendous transients that can damage the cochlea in pretty rapid order.  As
> an aural only tuner, you don't want to trash your irreplaceable test
> equipment.

Yes, certainly. Low volume levels. No rock, heavy metal, or anything
else that is mentally and physically damaging. And I don't often
listen to music. After a day of tuning, quiet is especially nice. <G>

Thanks for the warning, though. Always good to keep hearing loss in
mind. As with a few other things, I'm terribly obsessive over hearing
protection.

--
JF