[pianotech] hour$ pinning

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 19:56:23 PDT 2009

Ed,

My record, when actively repinning a LOT of actions at a certain
manufacturer in the early 90s, was 50 minutes.  This includes removing the
parts, repinning, and replacing the parts.   I had the help of a power
screwdriver and the pressure to finish before going out to lunch.  I think I
also put off going to the bathroom until I finished to give me extra
motivation.  :-)

I think your 90 minutes is a more reasonable good time to do the job,
though.  I used to estimate that part of an action job for 2 hours, to allow
for problems.

Don Mannino