[pianotech] Butt Leather (update)

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri May 1 01:48:51 PDT 2009

Regulate what?  Bride wires, back checks, capstans?  Do I regulate the bride wires before I put the action back in the piano?  Since the jacks are so close to the butts with the new leather, will putting the action back in the piano like that cause the jacks to jam and I will have more work cut out for me?

What do I need to regulate before I put the action back in the piano, and what do I need to regulate after the action is back in?

Thanks,

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578  http://www.toddpianoworks.com