[pianotech] Feurich of Germany

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri May 1 14:23:51 PDT 2009

Hi

The old Feurich instrument were really quite good..... along with so
very very many names both in Germany and stateside that have either
morphed into something other then they once were, or simply
disappeared.  What they are today I am not sure of... but if I was
looking for one of the best rebuild shops for a Steinway in Europe.... I
would suggest getting a hold of Steingræber.  They are very picky about
reproducing things as authentically as possible but have some of the
best workmanship/craftsmen on the continent ... IMHO :)

Cheers
RicB

    Has anyone out there ever had any experience with "Feurich of
    Germany" and their rebuild and/or total reconstruction of top end
    concert grands. Their name has poped up as a possiblility for the
    total re-construction of a Hamburg-Steinway grand.  The thought is
    to ship the piano to Germany. It is my understanding that the piano
    would be totally reconstructed with a Renner Action, new board,
    block, totally refinished.  All I along with several professional
    concert artists personally believe all is needed is new hammers and
    shanks and refinishing.

    Thank you for your input.

    Ron May