[pianotech] Feurich of Germany

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri May 1 16:55:16 PDT 2009

Sure.... in any case STW Hamburg.  But I have seen some very very
meticulous work coming out of that small 50 pianos a year shop in
Bayern.  I'd be mighty tempted to send it their way.  I have it straight
from Udo that he is more then willing to do it exactly the way STW
Hamburg does.... step for step in sequence. It's one of his big peeves.
Very German really.... the authenticity virtue.   Berlin ??? whose there
now ?  I saw a Grotrian rebuilt by the old Bechstein factory that was a
pure monstrosity.  They Bechstein-ised the thing... most curious result
I ever saw.... you could <<hear>> both pianos very clearly really... and
the mix didnt really work well at all.
Anyone else in Berlin I dont know about.  I was under the impression
that the Berlin factories had all closed down and moved to Bohemias
locations in the Czech republic.

Cheers
RicB

    Certainly Richard,

    But don't you think that STW Hamburg or Berlin would be the place to
    restore a vintage Steiwnay?

    friendly greetings
    from
    André Oorebeek