[pianotech] Tax help for John

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun May 3 12:01:57 PDT 2009

Yes..in a way!  Please read forth!

It's like "uncle David" giving a birthday present to nephew John; or my
birth-mother in Texas who sends us a check for Christmas...who I barely
know!.  Unless you all really need the write-off, just do it as a
"present" ... forget the write off or other tax implications!!!!!.

Do you ask the Salvation Army for a receipt at the Target store enterance
at Christmas-time for the .50 you throw in the bucket;  or a quarter in a
poor man's bucket on the street... the feeble old lady next door, who
can't take her garbage to the street, as you help by just doing it?:,
figuring your time invested?  This man is in need, big time!
Stop!... and be just be  human beings and care for someone,... not what
you might be able to get out of it.( I know that's far from your
intentions, to be sure!!!!!....the tax thing is just bugging me)) Just
write the check and feel good about what you all are doing, which I
whole-heartily applaud!!. Quit being so self-centered" (all of us) and
just hand the man some dough. I will, and WILL NOT claim it, not one
dollar, on any form.  It's just the right thing to do for a fallen comrad.
 I will not claim it as a tax thing.  It's from my heart.....I hope you
all do the same.

All the Best to John (and all of you)

God-speed for a speedy recovery, John!

Paul

"David Love" <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
05/01/2009 02:14 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

<pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] Tax help for John

I don’t understand why John can’t simply accept it as a gift which is not
taxable unless it exceeds $13,000 from any one individual.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com