[pianotech] on call tuning rates

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 5 17:08:28 PDT 2009

I think the plan on tuning each morning before the session starts is a good idea.   They need to understand you have an hour drive each way for any emergency service.   If they really want you on call 24/7, they will need to book you a nice room near the studio and pay you $XXX per hour times 24.   Then they will start to think about what they really need.   A tuning in the morning before the session starts to sound pretty good.   I would imagine they won't be starting work until the afternoon.   If they have a set time for dinner break, maybe you could come and retune with travel time added to the fee.   Whatever you do, don't let them use another technician closer to the studio.   By the way, if the artist known as Prince wants it, he can afford it...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044