[pianotech] Collard & Collard 1865 update

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue May 5 20:51:28 PDT 2009

Finally found a tuning lever for this piano from England (Thank you who
ever it was to refer me to them)

Because of where the dampers where I had to tune - without - any - dampers.

Verify interesting - with all the added string noise in the background.

I'm not sure if anyone could tune aurally - without dampers (Anyone ever
do it ?)

Thank God for my Cybertuner.

On average the piano was - 5 - half tones down - however - it tuned up
to A-440.

I realize with the piano being down that far, it's going to need at
least two tunings

I need recommendations on when to go back for a second tuning.

OH, PLUS, splicing 5 bass strings

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years