[pianotech] (no subject)

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sat May 9 10:29:33 MDT 2009

>>... students hear a different sound than on their teacher's pianos, where
they are judged

For me, this is the biggie and a closer for selling the pitch raise to the
customer. If I ask, "Does your child complain that your home piano doesn't
sound the same as the teacher's piano?," I will nearly always get an
affirmative answer. We should hope that students are learning more than
mechanical playing skills. They also need to hear pitch and the nuances of
tone. While we can't get much nuance out of a Betsy Ross, we can certainly
help the pitch.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272