[pianotech] sanding YC brackets

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sat May 9 18:46:29 MDT 2009

I've replaced about a dozen sets of brackets, and have only had two brackets, (not two sets, but just two brackets) actually break on me. The ones I've got?are some of the oldest brackets I've encountered, and they look solid. But I do agree with you that eventually they will break down, or at most will continue to expand. I might try sanding them down, just to get the action in the piano so?I can tune it a couple of times, before the new brackets arrive.

Wim