[pianotech] Whippen storage

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon May 11 07:59:46 MDT 2009

Matthew -
It would be tempting to have some fun with this...like, for example,
suggesting that David I actually travels with a shopsmith and lumber
supply...behind his motorcycle.  But facetiousness generally
backfires, so, playing it straight, it's interesting that everyone
who did respond seems to consider it unnecessary to carry this part
with them.  In fact,  I wonder what kind of vehicle you are using and
what your normal travel range is.  Unless you've set up a full van as
a complete portable shop,  and are traveling many miles to a job, I
don't see why you wouldn't be able to use glue, pinning tools,
string, a pencil, felt scraps to fix just about anything you
find.  OK, so carry a little spring making tool with a few gauges of
spring wire if you're worried about that. (My attempts at gluing or
splicing springs has been unsuccessful, thus far.)   If you must, try
some plastic shoe box type things from Staples or some such.

What else you got in there?

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY