[pianotech] Whippen storage

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Mon May 11 21:02:19 MDT 2009

There are pianos which use a type of wippen that has spring cords, one
for the jack and another for the repetition lever. I used to tune for a
lady that had such a piano and kept a few repaired wips in a Ziploc
ready to exchange when a cord broke. She didn't think she needed a whole
set repaired, thus her piano was tuned more frequently than she would
have otherwise :-)

She has long since left the area / died / whatever and I've had no call
for a used wippen of any sort.

Tom Cole