[pianotech] lubricating damper springs?

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue May 12 11:03:27 MDT 2009

It's possible that the rod is squeaking on the damper felts themselves too.
Or, in the pedal grommets.  Did you check these too?

Of, if the sustaining rod and bass rod are two separate pieces, the two of
them could be interacting together, creaking where they engage when you push
down on the sustaining pedal.

If it is the rod, remove it, clean it good, I like brasso for that but,
there are probably other things too and re-install.  Check to make sure the
dampers are not all gunked up with crud too from the rod.

Sometimes, the felt between the two separate rods come loose, is worn, or
gunked up.  Clean it or replace the felt and that might solve it.