[pianotech] Upright Tilter

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed May 13 16:19:25 MDT 2009

Hi David,

Tilters vary.  Sometimes folks alter them--like having extra toe length welded on.  The best suggestion I've seen was by Dave Davis (wonder if he still has the pictures, though they did appear in the PT Journal), that is to use straps to secure the tilter to the piano.  I have some of those straps with the ratcheting device (might be the same kind Dave uses).  I tilt with a lot more confidence these days.

Barbara Richmond, RPT

near Peoria, Illinois