[pianotech] OT, screen cleaner

Norton-McElroy nortonmcelroy25 at centurytel.net
Thu May 14 10:57:16 MDT 2009

I've found that the secret to clean LCD screens is not in any chemical but
in the microfiber cloth.  Costco has bags of 36 "auto cloths" that are
wonderful general purpose polishing cloths; look for a bag of yellow cloths
in the automotive section.  They are a fraction of the price of any other
microfiber cloth I have found.  The story on microfiber is that the fibers
are so microscopically abrasive that they cannot scratch, but are pretty
aggressive cleaners; also very absorbent of water.  With a computer screen,
you can use just a trace of water (on the cloth) on stubborn spots, wiping
very lightly and quickly.  It is quite amazing how perfectly this will clean
these screens as well as camera LCD screens.  Use very little pressure and
very little water (none on the screen itself).

Joe McElroy