[pianotech] Upright Tilter

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 06:13:36 MDT 2009

"Years ago, a good friend of mine didn't follow this procedure and when the rear casters contacted the floor, the piano rolled forward off the tilter and came crashing down, crushing several bones in his leg.  He missed about 6 months work because of this little mishap.  Needless to say, since his accident I have been extra careful.  A strap around the top of the piano tying it to the tilter, as well as one around the bottom, would be a real good idea.  It is the bottom of the piano coming off the tilter and rolling on the rear casters that is so dangerous."

Yes , it also happened to me once. Fortunately I suffered only damage to my ego. I now tie the piano to the tilter to avoid it happening again..

Al