[pianotech] DamppChaser problem

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert at belgacom.net
Sun May 17 14:48:41 MDT 2009

Hi List,

I have a strange problem with a Dampp Chaser I've installed about one year
ago.

The system is perfectly maintained (water from a filtering system, the Dampp
Chaser product has always been added, new piano, new building with floor
heat.)

Last week I 've checked  the system and was amazed to see big white
mushrooms growing above the humidifier pads!

I asked the supplier what could be the problem and he said it's the first
time he encountered this.

Any ideas how to avoid this?

Thanks,

P Gevaert