[pianotech] [SPAM] Re: Player Piano Co book reprints (clarify)

phil at emvkeys.ca phil at emvkeys.ca
Sun May 17 21:14:39 MDT 2009

see: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap3.html

As noted below, I think service manuals would have been "Works Made for
Hire", thus copyright duration is 120 years after creation or 95 years
after first publication, whichever occurs first.

Copyright Law of the United States of America
and Related Laws Contained in Title 17 of the /United States Code/
302. Duration of copyright: Works created on or after January 1, 1978^4
<http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap3.html#3-4>

(c) Anonymous Works, Pseudonymous Works, and Works Made for Hire. --- In
the case of an anonymous work, a pseudonymous work, or a work made for
hire, the copyright endures for a term of 95 years from the year of its
first publication, or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation,
whichever expires first.

--

  /Artist Piano Care/
E X C E L L E N C E ~ F I N E LY  T U N E D

web: www.artistpianocare.ca
    tel: 416-907-3562
    cel: 905-626-3727
   phil at artistpianocare.ca