[pianotech] DamppChaser problem

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon May 18 14:03:42 MDT 2009

I always recommend using soft water. Even though you sometimes see the
mushroom salt crystals growing no harm is done. The sodium crystals thus
deposited are much less harmful than magnesium crystals. With soft water the
pads stay softer and more efficient. Changing once a year, before the
heating season when peak efficiency is needed, is adequate.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802