[pianotech] Fwd: GOLD STRINGS ???????

perrys piano restorations perrymark at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 21:58:03 MDT 2009

Hey Guys,

     Not to cause any "ripples" in the industry... but the piano we built in the shop has Brass wound bass strings.  I had a customer ask me about gold-plated strings before.  It is easily possible for a price, but brass wound bass strings perform exactly like copper, and the harder brass does not tarnish as easily as the copper, or cost as much as the gold.  Anywho, for what it's worth there it is.

www.carvedpianoparts.com

God Bless,

Mark