[pianotech] Tokiwa, renner, steinway?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue May 19 17:19:26 MDT 2009

I prefer Renner over tokiwa for quality and noise.  For some reason the
Tokiwa action parts I've used get noisy.  Don't know why.   I've found
pinning more consistent with Renner.  The choice of any hammer should depend
on the belly of the piano, design and condition.  On some Steinways the
Abels will be fine, on others they will be too hard.  Sample first.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com