[pianotech] DamppChaser problem

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue May 19 18:44:26 MDT 2009

Yes, the sleeves are new and they work wonderfully. They are easy to install
on the newer humidifier tanks that allow the bar to snap on and off. Just
snap off one end, snap the sensor off if present, slide the sleeve over the
bar, and snap everything back into place.

For older style bars that are held in place by riveted brackets, simply slit
the sleeve lengthwise and drape it over the rod, then drape the pads over
the sleeve. If it has the low water sensor also riveted in place in the
center, then snip out a little section to allow the sleeve to bypass that
bracket.

They are very cheap. Order two or three dozen from Schaff (about $3/dz) so
you'll have plenty. If you order the replacement pads by the big box you'll
only get half a dozen sleeves, so order extra.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802