[pianotech] GOLD -- STRINGS ??????????

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Thu May 21 08:40:30 MDT 2009

Hello to All,

    As most of you know the Schomacker Piano Co.
of Philadelphia, at one time,  advertised that  their
Pianos had gold strings (plated).  I am one of those
that does not take everything I read or hear as being
100% the truth. I read carefully words not written and
listen closely--- to words not spoken.

        Having a broken  (gold) string from a Schomacker  I
finality got around  having it  analyzed. This was done  by
the  Micron/TecPlate Co.

  These so-called " Golden Strings" were indeed and
in fact  " GOLD " plated.

 This is what I call ""  The rest of the story   ""

  If anyone wants,  I will send you a copy of  the  actual
report.
               ' A guy who wants to know.'
Regards
Jack Wyatt