[pianotech] Antares Voicing Book

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu May 21 17:48:17 MDT 2009

Hi Barrie,

I'm glad you like André Oorebeek's book.  [Antares, by the way, is an
older email moniker which André no longer uses].

The grand voicing blocks André uses are, I believe, Yamaha tools.  What
is critical is the dimensions, as described in the book.  The video
does not show voicing on uprights - the special hand technique is
described in the book but the voicing process itself is the same as
voicing grands.

As the upright voicing block pictured in the book  (below) slides along
to the right, the hammers "ride" up the slope of the wedge to the flat
supporting area where they supported for needling.