[pianotech] Double loop German stringing

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri May 22 11:08:19 MDT 2009

On 5/22/09, Gregor _ <karlkaputt at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Do you know these machines?

Yes.

> http://www.meyne-klaviertechnik.de/start.php?go=10details&id=613&code=0&zustand=8&site=

I have one like this, and I've used it many times for the long "French" loops.

> In the workshop I worked years ago we had just a nail in a wooden beam.

That, or a pin in a vise, as someone suggested off-list, is probably
the way I'll go. This is likely the only Schimmel I'll ever restring,
so getting a special tool for it wouldn't be real cost effective.

Thanks, all.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,