[pianotech] Piano Built completely in Virginia-pics

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed May 27 19:08:27 MDT 2009

Beautiful piano. How does it sound?

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of perrys piano restorations
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:27 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org; perrymark at hotmail.com
Subject: [pianotech] Piano Built completely in Virginia-pics

Hello All,

I thought I would take a few moments to update everyone on the piano my shop
is building from scratch!  The pictures show a general shot of the case
before we shaped the front, the decal which is hand gilt in 24kt gold, the
piano plate (not cast iron, rather, advanced high strength steel weldment
made down the road from my shop), the under-side of the piano.

To re-cap quickly, the underside shows primative art from the catacombs of
Rome, with a grape vine pattern interconnecting it all.  The Plate has
passion flowers, angels, and a scroll from the book of revelation.  The hand
gilt decal is layered gold leaf, and show a boy sitting with a lion, lamb,
etc.... and the holy spirit above with two angels.  The inside of the rim is
olive wood from the middle east, and the outside is amboyna burl.  (not as
red in real life.)

the finish is french polish, in which we used frankinsense and muhr as an
addative to the shellac.  We used holy oil from Jerusalem to lubricate our
rubbing pads, and to finalize, the keys are wooly mamoth ivory on spanish
cedar keys.  Also made here, along with the entire action.  We offer ivory
work to the industry as a side note.  the piano is called "the passionata",
which means the passion.  (the passion of Christ) .  The nameboard is inlaid
birdseye maple , with the letters inlaid out of amboyna, and perfled in
ebony wood.  outward art is 24kt gold.

Enjoy the pics.
God bless,
Mark Perry
www.carvedpianoparts.com

  _____

HotmailR has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.
<http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutor
ial_WhatsNew1_052009>