[pianotech] Player system

David Lawson Pianos dlawson at davidlawsonspianos.com.au
Wed May 27 21:08:59 MDT 2009

Hi Stephane

We had an upright Kawai piano here in the shop a year or back that had a silent system. There was a lever under the keyboard that moved a felted bar up in front of the hammer shank. It would catch the hammers just before they hit the strings so the only sound was from the digital signal sent through the headphones. A more cost effective option though, if room permits, is to have an acoustic piano to play during the day, and an entry level digital piano with headphones, to play at night.

Kind Regards,

Alastair McLean
David Lawson's Pianos
Wangaratta, Australia.