[pianotech] Modified L Scale with 5 note transition

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Fri May 29 10:47:07 MDT 2009

Thanks so much.
Gene
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Love
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 8:50 AM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Modified L Scale with 5 note transition

  Let's try this again in HTML for better spacing.

  David Love

  www.davidlovepianos.com

  N = number of strings in unison

  B = the weighting factor of the wrap (.89 for copper), iron and aluminum

  have different weighting factors

  L = speaking length

  T = tension in lbs

  f = in Roberts the fractional elongation of the string under tension (the

  core gets a bit thinner)  not sure what it means to Hayes

  ^ indicates raised to the power that follows that symbol.

  David Love

  www.davidlovepianos.com