[pianotech] M & H / Ampico player grand

Berley Firmin II firmin1 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 31 09:55:37 MDT 2009

Since no one else has replied, I thought I'd add my two cents.
An Ampico of 1926 is a model A Ampico, worth considerable less than an
Ampico grand made a few years later, the Model B.
What it is worth is, of course, depending on MANY factors.
The local market.
The condition. (Was it restored professionally with the proper materials and
glue?)
Does it "work" or does it "express" like it should?

If one peruses eBay, you can get a good idea of the value. Some are
practically given away. Others in Art cases bring more. It really just
depends on the mood of the buyers at the time!

Best bet at selling it without involving the pain of shipping cross-country?
Local music store or Piano Techs.' word-of-mouth. Be prepared to wait to get
your price. Someone out there wants it and will pay SOMETHING, but will it
be acceptable to your client?

Berley Firmin