[pianotech] Bass bridge repair

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sun May 31 10:07:10 MDT 2009

Hi Ron,

Well, the piano is in my "shop" (garage... it's really hard to refer to it
as a "shop", and even more so during a Minnesota winter) and the bridge is
already out of the piano. The left-hand end of the apron was swinging on its
nail after splitting top-bottom. I think I can handle that, tho'.

The original bridge was capped, but the divots as you say do extend into the
root. Perhaps this would be even more of a "learning opportunity" than I'd
ever anticipated. I'm assuming you would make a solid replacement without
cap, right?

Thanks,
Paul Bruesch