[pianotech] Piano Built completely in Virginia-pics

perrys piano restorations perrymark at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 19:26:36 MDT 2009

Yes,,,,, but Duaine, I promise you it is already antiquated!  Just wait 5 years!  Nano metals are soon to be available.  These are metals built at the atomic level, rather than poured, or heated.  Imagine you can build a piece of steel using only one atom at a time.  Sound like it would take forever?  They already have a nanometal out now that acts like modeling clay.  You form it how you wish, then heat it to 200 degrees, and the polymers dissapear, and the metal takes the strength similar to genuine steel.  It can then be put under load, or machined, or used as is.

To elaborate even more useless information for you, the problem with carbon fibers is that they are bonded with glues and woven.  Assemble them atomically, and without glue, and who need metals?  What I am saying, is expect to see a piano plate that has no measurable weight.  (weight only on the atomic level).  Expect to see wood that is created in a lab, or ivory done the same.... thats the future.  (not necesarily good..... only simple is good.)

God Bless,

Mark