[pianotech] grand dip regulation on the bench

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 14:13:08 MST 2009

    There was a recent article, probably in the Journal, but
maybe it was a tip on this list, about doing something in the
shop to a grand action on the bench to create the same key dip
it will have when put back in the piano.  It was fairly recently
(a few months), but I can't find it in my Journals.  Anybody
know what that "trick" is?  (Usually when brought to the shop
and put on a bench, the key height & dip, for some reason, are
different than when in the piano).
    --David Nereson, RPT