[pianotech] Hawaii

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 20:34:05 MST 2009

How about putting a good word in for a national PTG convention on the islands? You flew in to Grand Rapids. It would only be fair that at some point you could stay at home, and we could all fly over there!  Has a Hawaii convention ever been done?  Chuck

Chuck

Not only have I petitioned the Board to consider a convention in Hawaii, but our Home Office Staff and several exhibitors and instructors have shown an interest.

In 1981, after the San Francisco Convention, there was a short "after convention seminar" in Hawaii. It was mostly a vacation, with some required classes thrown in to make it tax deductible.

I would love to put together a seminar here in Hawaii, but unless the HO or the Western/NW Regional Seminar Committee helps financially, there is no way we can do it, because the local chapter has no money. Perhaps if more of you would ask for it, maybe it will become a reality. Until then, I guess I'll just have to keep forking over the money to fly to the mainland.

Wim

>Hey Chuck. Instead of giving away your money to some big expensive enterprise like a cruise ship, why don't  you help me out, and take a vacation here in Hawaii?

Wim<

As a matter of fact, Wim, my wife and I are planning a cruise to Hawaii in the spring of 2011 to celebrate our 40th anniversary. By my calculations, I need to vacuum 150 more pianos between now and then.