[pianotech] Re Tuning Time

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 2 09:05:50 MST 2009

Les said: " use TuneLab, and guess at 3-cents I can learn to do it that quickly. At
10+I'll do it twice. Below about 20 I start in the last section, then go
through the whole piano twice. That's 2-3 passes and two hours, except for
those horrible Chinese pianos, and I've never seen one of those I can tune
in less than 2.5 hours.."

les, etal,
Why don't you charge double for Chinese POSs like I  do  for Square Grands. If you have  to be subjected to those attrocities, then you should be duly  compensated,  IMHO. (BTW, I refused to tune or work on any Chinese Pianos. They are  far  worse than the worst Overdamper  piano!) Perhaps  if  we all  did that, then  perhaps  people  would  stop  buying those  pieces of crap..labeled as  "Entry Level Pianos" What the hell is that? Hopefully, some of the dealers and reps that lurk, will get the idea!
Happy, (?), Monday
JOE

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police