[pianotech] Swine Flu for those who don't know the aphabet thingee.<G>

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 3 11:47:03 MST 2009

 "client gave me a bottle of gel hand sanitizer and told me
I should use it at every clients. Upon reflection; she is right.

Especially for those of us that tune at music schools and for teachers.
I have 16 music school tunings this week and could be exposed to as many
as 500 sets of tinny fingers and whatever they carry.

Since we are in an out of hundreds of homes, schools, music studios
in contact with heavily used keyboards many hours at a time, I think
it is a great idea to encourage at this time a little extra caution.

I actually had another music teacher ask what she should do about
sanitizing her piano keys. Its on some of their minds. Being proactive
on this is good business as well. Its simple enough to do, and I suspect the worry about this wave of flu will pass soon enough."
That's a really good idea. However, be aware that some "hand sanitizers" will damage plastic key tops. They are not real nice to Ivory either so, moderation and just plain olde handwashing is a good alternative.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police