[pianotech] Journal ads

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:52:50 MST 2009

>Just received the new issue of PTG Journal. Was somewhat surprised to see
an ad on the back cover for what is a non-acoustic piano. Doesn't seem in
best interests of piano technicians. I am new at this business..about 3
years..so maybe this is not unusual. Just seemed odd to me. I personally
wouldn't want my dues spent on a publication that advertised a product such
as this, although I am sure Yamaha paid dearly for the ad.
Lance Chauvin
Baton Rouge, La<

Lance - This is the 3rd such ad. The first one appeared in July, and was for
a digital grand - less obvious to the casual perusal. I submitted an
editorial on the topic just this morning, but am not expecting it to be
published. I'm sure this is a very sensitive issue, what with advertising
dollars at stake. Still, it felt good to get my feelings off my chest, even
if the editors are the only ones to ever read it.
Chuck Behm