[pianotech] shipping piano overseas with ivory keys

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 18:59:37 MST 2009

I had a customer many years back, my dad did actually, that shipped her
Bosendorfer overseas someplace with the original ivories on it.  One day,
she decided she wanted to come back into America again.  Before she was
allowed back in, customs insisted that the ivory be removed.  Even though
they were told it was the original ivories, that did not matter to them.
They said, how are we to know it wasn't shipped overseas and then put on?
She wound up having them removed in order to get back here again.  Our
Government at its best as usual.