[pianotech] how to work out the distance of act from the plate.

Mark & Janine Davis pianofortetechnology at saol.com
Thu Nov 5 13:21:57 MST 2009

Hello Joe

Thank you for your response. I am going to look into what you have said
about the hammer butt center pin distance from the string plane, that sounds
interesting!

There is a man, Carl Johan Forss from Germany who has had two of his books,
I think he has written 3, one is on grand and upright repair, the next is on
tuning and the other is on grand and upright regulation, translated into
English.  I have the book on repairs by him and there is a brief mention of
what you have spoken about.  I would think in his book on regulation that
there would be a deeper explanation.

Thank you,

Mark