[pianotech] Killing the viruses on the keys‏

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Thu Nov 5 13:51:47 MST 2009

There is an enormous amount of information on the Centers for Disease Control web page about swine flu. I haven't found cleaning piano keys yet, and do need to go work. Below is what they say about handcleaning. Search on CDC and you will find more than you ever wanted to know about swine flu protection....

>The term “hand hygiene” includes both handwashing with either plain or antimicrobial soap and water and use of alcohol-based products (gels, rinses, foams) containing an emollient that do not require the use of water.

If hands are visibly soiled or contaminated with respiratory secretions, wash hands with soap (either non-antimicrobial or antimicrobial) and water.

In the absence of visible soiling of hands, approved alcohol-based products for hand disinfection are preferred over antimicrobial or plain soap and water because of their superior microbiocidal activity, reduced drying of>the skin, and convenience

Diane Hofstetter