[pianotech] Do It Yourself Dust Trap

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 17:48:04 MST 2009

I received this today as part of an email from one of my woodworking ezines.
I thought it might be of interest and use to some if not all.

I already have the fan so I'm starting mine.

Mike
    Make a Dust Trap

I made my own dust trap with twelve 15" x 20" filters and a squirrel cage
fan salvaged from an old furnace. I built a frame and mounted the filters in
courses of three per side. The squirrel cage fan sucks the dusty air in
through the filters and pushes it out of the bottom of the tower. I also
wired a power outlet onto the bottom section for convenience. With the
possible health problems associated with extensive dust exposure ... this is
one “tool” I just won’t work without.

- Michael Burton; Glorieta, New Mexico

[image: Dust Trap]

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404