[pianotech] Foredom mini belt sander for hammer filing -sanding belts

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 19:15:19 MST 2009

HI John
  Hi John
  I have a spindle sander and you are right , it is handy for this when the hammers are off the stack or before they are hung.
  Thanks for the tip but I think I figured out how to make my own. I can order the belt splicing tape on line and make as many as I need.
  The beauty of the foredom tool is that I do not need to remove any thing from the stack to file my hammers. Usually this is a tool use in a hammer filing job or just a filing for weight removal where the hammers are already installed. It's quite an amazing little tool and have used it for at least 15 years. Its not hard to use or control either. I was going to send a picture but my memory card was missing. oh well
 I couldn't open the lower site. What am I doing that isn't working??
  Thanks to all for the suggestions.
  Kindly Dale Erwin