[pianotech] Whitening yellowed ivories

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Sat Nov 7 17:35:38 MST 2009

I know I have read articles somewhere about different ways to "bleach" or
whiten yellowed ivory keytops, but I can't seem to find them. Does anybody
have any good tips for how to accomplish this? The piano is extremely old
and was in a smoker's home for many, many years. I'd also welcome advice
on what pitfalls to avoid in doing this job. Thanks in advance!

Scott
------
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871
www.helmsmusic.net