[pianotech] Verdigris - again

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 19:07:00 MST 2009

Is that actually true?  I know that rebushing the flanges is a waste since
the contaminants are in the wood of the flange but since the lubricant used
was originally in the felt of the flange bushing doesn't replacing the
flanges take care of the problem?  If not that presumes that the lubricant
continues to migrate out of the birds eye and I wonder if it was ever there
to begin with.  Anyway, I've not tried it but I wonder if anyone has done it
that way.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com