[pianotech] time to do new flanges

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Nov 9 04:03:37 MST 2009

>I can't imagine it taking any less than 8 hours using 2 people! at
>least including traveling; I'll let you know.

Repinning a set of flanges takes 1.5 hr.  removing them from the rail
can take anywhere between 12 and 20 minutes depending on your
method. Replacing them on the rail takes 30 minutes. So, max 2.5 hr.

While they are off the rail, it is advisable to file them because the string
cuts will not realign. This is where an oscillating spindle sander comes in.
--

Regards,

Jon Page