[pianotech] build piano key?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Nov 9 15:43:44 MST 2009

www.pianoandorgankeys.com/<http://www.pianoandorgankeys.com/>

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu<mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Bob Tate
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 3:41 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] build piano key?

Stunned! disaster or chance for adventure?

I have to replace a sharp (key #41) in an Estonia Grand. The key will have to be custom made. Luckily it is straight at that position in the piano. The sharp top is Klug.

I saw only 1 ad in the PTG Journal for someone who makes custom keys--but I need only 1 key, not a whole keyboard.

Do you know of anyone who does this or do you have any instructions or can give help?

=please don't ask how or why the key needs to be replaced, it just does...and quickly.

--actually it was misplaced (lost). How someone looses a keystick is, well, if I knew that it wouldn't be lost. [http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/images/graemlins/default/frown.gif]

Thanks,
Bob

A painter paints his pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.