[pianotech] Changing or upsizing bridge pins

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Tue Nov 10 12:59:06 MST 2009

Adreas,

Loose bridge pins can certainly lead to tonal
problems. Try a small drop of CA glue at the base
of the offending bridge pins. Sparingly wick it
in to the side of the pin opposite to the string,
to reduce the likelihood of getting a CA film
between the string and the bridge. I've found it
works well if the holes aren't too bell-mouthed.

Some S&S boards seem to suffer from insufficient
mass in the killer octave region, even if the
board seems to have reasonable stiffness. Adding
mass when necessary can also reduce the tendency
for falseness in some instances.

All the best to Gösta and with the recording project.

Ron Overs

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers