[pianotech] Action Reconditioning/Rebuilding: When is it best to replace felts?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Nov 12 14:49:35 MST 2009

Good call, Jon

If one is to perform a full action retrofit, why stop at wips and
hammers/shanks/flanges....especially if the customer can afford it! I have
gone to the wurzen conical front rail punchings as well with nothing but
huge success and raves from the customers.  Like them a lot!

Like when I re-string...new bridge pins and agraffes.... It only makes
sense.  OK, I admit, a few practice room grands didn't get
everything...sometimes, just new hammers, or new bass strings, but that's
my budget restraints!.....if only in a perfect world....

Paul